Monday, December 3, 2007

letter 2

Hello Reader,


My name is Arthur Kampmann and I am currently a sophomore at Eckerd College in St. Petersburg, Florida. Recently my writing class took a research assignment on, and I choose the topic of autism. My main reasoning for that is that my younger sister is autistic, and my thinking was that autism would be a topic that I would enjoy researching, and writing on. I learned many new facts about autism during this project. My main question to you is what is your opinion or stance on how autism is now heavily linked to the environment?

Research has come a long way since the mid seventies, and now doctors, and scientist all feel that the environment is the leading factor that can bring about autism. I know from research that the baby can be born with no disabilities, but can pick up autism up to a year after being born or the baby can be born with autism, and that leads me to skepticism on how autism and the environment intertwine. Now the main question I am asking you is can you give me a detailed explanation on how the environment can effect the baby that is in the womb, and can also effect a baby that was born healthy, and they can become autistic? I am very confused on how that all works, and I would love to hear some form of explanation if at all possible. I thank you for your time, and am looking forward from hearing from you.


Sincerely,

Arthur Kampmann

1 comment:

KARISSA said...

PEER REVIEW


Hey,

I read all three of your letters, and I think that you ask some great questions. I, personally, knew nothing about the link between the environment and autism, so I am interested, as well. Your paragraphs are good...I would just go back and take a look at the grammar and "effect" should be affect when you're talking about a verb. Overall, great letters!